3.09.2009

The First Week

So we have survived our first week home with Abigail. I wouldn't change it for the world. The hardest part so far is getting her on an eating schedule. My milk supply just came in and we are trying to make sure she is getting enough to eat. Sometimes she eats 10 times a day and other times she only eats 5 or 6 times a day. 

She sleeps constantly through out the day. The lactation consultant calls it "milk drunk" because she seems to pass out for hours and hours after getting a good feed. The nights have not been that bad. I expected worse, but hey, we are only a week into this so what do I know. She slept for 6 hours strait on Saturday nite! I debated waking her to feed her but decided not to. I figured she will wake when she is hungry. 

We've had a lot of visitors this week too. Everyone lov
es her. She is so beautiful! We had our first doctor's appt. on Saturday. All they did was weight her and look into her ears and eyes. She weighed 7lbs 12oz at birth, left the hospital at 7lbs 1oz and now weighs 7lbs 4oz. So she is gaining her weight back. 

Im starting to finally feel better from the surgery. I can get up and down a lot better now than when we first came home. Im still taking the pain meds the doctor gave me, but other than that, I'm doing great. Can't wait to loose this water weight from the IV and start exercising again! 

Enjoy some more pictures below :)

2 comments:

GrammieHink said...

I love the pictures...Abigail is beautiful....I'm so glad that you guys are doing a blog too. Now I can watch all my special babies grow!! It sounds like you are doing great as new parents. Enjoy every moment because they fly by way too fast! I can't wait to see her again! My love to you all..... Grammie Hinkle

Erica :o) said...

Super cute pictures! Love them:) I hope that the schedule works for you when you try it. Like I said, we lived by the schedule. I don't think that I could have done it with having a schedule! Hopefully you're getting some sleep. Hang in there. We can't wait to come see you all!